I have so many photos to show you from the fair yesterday, but for now, here’s a photo of my whole30 approved breakfast! It’s day 1!
My mama made me 3 scrambled eggs with dill, salt, and pepper. Then some banana and berries. I ate it on the way to the airport because it’s been a rough and emotional morning. I just hate leaving my family. I so badly want them to move to CO since they’re wanting to move soon anyway.
It’s almost time for me to board and then the boy and I are going to probably get some simple groceries later. He’s been asking me all morning if he can eat certain things.
MINNESOTA STATE FAIR.
I’m coming for you right now. Calories don’t count, right?
“You should take some more pics of you and your runs. I love seeing them haha”
I think this means I should actually start running again! Haha, it’s sadly been a few weeks. Soon though!
Apparently we all have freaky eyes, but at least we’re cute. #family #wedding
Wedding ready! Feeling beautiful. A bunch of people just learned I’ve lost 90 pounds and were baffled. The photographer said he would never have imagined. Here we go!
GPOY because y’all needed to see my cute face. I wore my new dress and shoes tonight to the rehearsal dinner. I need to get fancy more often because damn I felt good! Lots of people gave me compliments and even now, with no make-up, I’m having great appreciation for my appearance.
We went to Buca’s for dinner and I’m proud of myself for not eating anything too crazy. I’m carbed up and ready to go for tomorrow though!
I’m not even the bride, but I’m getting a little nervous. I can’t imagine how she is feeling. My dad is picking me up for breakfast, then I have wedding stuff roughly 11am-midnight or whenever my family and I end up leaving. It’s going to be insane. Hopefully everything goes smooth and easy for us.
This weekend will be my last hurrah before whole30 and I’m getting insanely excited to start the program. I’ve started a list of recipes I want to make and groceries I need to buy. I’m so thankful the boy and a bunch of us Tumblr peeps will be doing it together. I’m not sure I’d finish on my own. Don’t laugh, but I actually packed my tape measurer to take my measurements before flying back to CO on Monday! I’m dedicated and close to fully ready for this to happen.
Anyway, I’m off to bed! Cross your fingers I don’t die in my high heels tomorrow…
“You're so amazing oh my gosh i hope one day to be at peace with my current weight (108lbs) and my highest weight (145lbs) i cringe at photos of me from years ago when i would pound back fries and burgers and fatty snacks. I was an average teenage girl, very active but just thicker. Now i'm 38lbs lighter and cant do things i used to be able to, it's so bittersweet. This is what i thought i wanted. I look up to you, i hope i'll eventually be content c:”
Hugs! You DESERVE to feel content and happy. You did something amazing and aren’t eating the junk anymore. You will get strong, mentally and physically, but remember that no matter what you are beautiful. Weight-loss definitely plays with the mind. Keep your chin up and focus on the positive things.
By the way, I made it to Minnesota!
Such a busy day. 7am-1pm was spent getting here, then I went to MOA with one of my friends, then I had a coffee date with another friend, and then I had dinner with my family before heading out to get a wedding gift finally. I’m happy to say that I found the perfect things! I’m honestly jealous. Now I’m working on a case study that is due tomorrow and my mom is painting my toes. She also waxed my eyebrows for me.
I’m so sleepy. Like ridiculously. Almost 12k fitbit steps and 56 active minutes isn’t too shabby though. I don’t even want to think about how busy this weekend is going to be.
This doesn’t appear glamorous, but it’s a PUMPKIN BAGEL. I brought a banana and some almonds to the airport and then saw this and had hearts for eyes for days. Fall is near!
I left my house at 7:05am to walk to the bus, then transferred to the airport skyride, and somehow got through security crazy fast. I sat down at my gate with over 90 minutes before we leave soon. Good thing I have an insane amount of homework and reading to get done… MINNESOTA HERE I COME.
Also, somehow I’m on my laptop with free wifi and I didn’t even have to pay for transportation to the airport (it definitely should have been a few dollars).
“I just discovered your blog a few days ago, and I love how positive and inspiring you are! I started running two months ago to get in shape and lose weight, and I'm (shockingly) starting to actually enjoy it! I just invested in my first pair of professionally fitted Saucony running shoes. Do you have certain kinds or brands of running gear that you really like and recommend to newbie runners?”
It’s really all about finding what you like and what works to your preferences! I love Asics and Brooks for shoes because they provide the support I need. I run mostly in capris (any brand/form fitting or compression), Nike shorts, or even a running skirt here and there. My winter running tights are Reebok, and I just bought some Under Armour ones to try when the time comes.
Tip: Shop the sale racks first! Sports Authority occasionally marks things WAY down. Not even with my discount, I got the UA tights (in the middle of summer) for 60% off! Also, if you want to order something online and do it IN THE STORE, you’ll typically get free shipping and/or another discount.
Another tip: BODY GLIDE IS A MUST. I don’t use it all of the time, but when you’re first starting and your body is moving in a new way, body glide will help with any potential chaffing. Put it everywhere… even under your bra line or heart rate monitor strap.
A typical run for me looks like this (weather depending):
Hope this helps! Buy what you can afford and work your way up to the really nice things once you know if you’re addicted ;)
- Snug sport bra, any brand works for me, but it needs to be snug to hold these babies in… and make me look 12.
- Moisture wicking tank top or short sleeve - the ones I get from races work great, too!
- For long runs, I wear moisture wicking underwear as well. I got them from Target and they help with excessive sweating.
- Capri’s - I don’t like to run in loose capri’s. My favorites are the ones I have from Old Navy and Under Armour.
- Shorts or skirts - They typically have built in underwear or compression shorts underneath for the skirts! I definitely use body glide when I run in something like this.
- Running socks - Thin air wicking ones for summer, thicker warm socks for winter. Some of them even have a little nub on the back ankle to keep it from rubbing which is nice.
- Shoes - I highly recommend going to a running store first and having them fit you for shoes, so kudos on that. They will have you run on a treadmill to see if you pronate, etc., and will show you what works best. Even if you aren’t going to buy, you’ll know what you need and can typically find them cheaper somewhere else or wait for a coupon. DSW also has many of the same running shoes.
- Garmin Forerunner (420 version) - It’s an older generation GSP watch, but does the job just fine for tracking my workouts. I love it to help keep me motivated and on track with pace. It’s also awesome to look back on everything I’ve done.
- RoadID - GET ONE. I wear mine all of the time now because you just never know. Mine is a bracelet, but they have a bunch of options.
- Fitbit Flex - Because I like numbers and competition. It’s extra awesome when I’m actually running 10+ miles on a regular basis.